Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona in November

Options
  • 02-07-2015 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to take the other half to Barcelona in November.

Want to stay somewhere nice - a decent hotel close to the city. Was thinking of booking through Gohop.ie, so would appreciate any feedback from people that have used Gohop. Willing to book elsewhere if there's better deals to be had!

So any advice on hotels or things to do, places to see in Barcelona?

It's for a wedding anniversary so want to make this nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Barcelona is a fun town (lived there and have relatives still living there)

It is also a food lovers heaven and much of the joy of the place is walks and tapas. November can be a bit wet and chilly so don't plan on beaches or anything.

Hotels: never actually stayed in hotels in the city, but I would recommend close to Plaça Catalunya rather than inside the Gothic quarter. It is easier to get to and easier to not get too lost.

Food: where to start?!?! Barceloneta has great fresh seafood places, Eixample has more "new food" type experiences and there are great tapas places all over the city. My personal favourite is a
    La Bombeta
    Calle de la Maquinista, 3
    08003 Barcelona
    Spain

They don't speak any english, but their food is amazing.

Another favorite is

Quimet & Quimet
    Carrer del Poeta Cabanyes, 25
    08004 Barcelona
    Spain

Advertisement