Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars have a new map

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cheers,

Is there an unofficial one that people can edit?
    There's a dual charging point outside my work place over a year now and it doesn't appear on any map. You'd have to know it was there, which makes it useful to all of about 8 people I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Roen wrote: »
    Cheers,

Is there an unofficial one that people can edit?
    There's a dual charging point outside my work place over a year now and it doesn't appear on any map. You'd have to know it was there, which makes it useful to all of about 8 people I'd say.

http://openchargemap.org/site/

Cheers,

Added it. Harpers Lane, Wexford. Not sure does it have to be approved by a moderator. Doesn't look to be showing on the map though.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

cros13 wrote: »
    http://www.esb.ie/electric-cars/electric-car-charging/electric-car-charge-point-map.jsp

Much better, direct link to google maps and clearer status information.

You can also filter by your connector now.
    New mobile app is also on the way. The Irish EV Owners Association Committee, myself included, have been testing it. New map includes several of our recommendations. It's not perfect but getting there.

Roen wrote: »
    Added it. Harpers Lane, Wexford. Not sure does it have to be approved by a moderator. Doesn't look to be showing on the map though.

Approved & Published

• Advertisement

It's a far better map !!!

Click on ChadeMo then on CCS and see the difference !

Still don;t know why the new Carlow DC charger has no CCS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

What about Cliftden in Connemara. What does the red x mean?

huggs2 wrote: »
    What about Cliftden in Connemara. What does the red x mean?

Click on the charger to get details

Station House Courtyard, Clifden, County Galway
    Type-2 AC Socket 22kW (x2, ALL Out-of-Service)
    Long/Lat: -10.019564,53.488862 Google Map

It's a far better map !!!

Click on ChadeMo then on CCS and see the difference !

Still don;t know why the new Carlow DC charger has no CCS ?

They have one problem.... There are six CCS chargers in the North that aren't showing on the map.

Carlow was the last rapid installed without CCS. It was installed just before the Roscrea triple.

It's good to finally see the charger type and power on the map, a request I put in a few years back.

What would really be cool if the chargers could report if it's in use and at what % the car is at so you'd know if by the time you get there it will be free.

A camera feed to show if there's a queue would also be cool, though multiple charger installations is the only cure for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Definitely a big improvement, expecially for drivers of non-Chademo cars.

Dexter1979 wrote: »
    New mobile app is also on the way. The Irish EV Owners Association Committee, myself included, have been testing it. New map includes several of our recommendations. It's not perfect but getting there.

I got the updated ecars app today. Seems to exit more cleanly the the last one. Got the app, now all I need is the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

It's good to finally see the charger type and power on the map, a request I put in a few years back.

What would really be cool if the chargers could report if it's in use and at what % the car is at so you'd know if by the time you get there it will be free.

A camera feed to show if there's a queue would also be cool, though multiple charger installations is the only cure for that.

Mad Lad... That's 5 years from now... Minimum hahahhaha

peposhi wrote: »
    Mad Lad... That's 5 years from now... Minimum hahahhaha

Ha ha yeah , probably. But at least electrics will have a lot more range by then so there'll be a lot less reliance on public charging by most individuals but the demand for the network will continue to grow as more are sold and people charge while out and about. It just means with a 200-250 mile range EV you can take the trip to Cork, Galway etc without a charge in between or sometimes two.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

Great thanks for the link - installed! Looks nice

Almost ready for my EV tour of Ireland... all I need now is the EV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

I see the charger in Templemore is no longer on the map.

Think it was often reporting as down?

Anyone have any more info on this?

jprboy wrote: »
    I see the charger in Templemore is no longer on the map.

Think it was often reporting as down?

Anyone have any more info on this?

I don't think it was ever commissioned. It's a Siemens 22kW...one of the early ones they put out and it never received a chargepoint ID plate.

Spaces were growing moss for the past few years... I think ESB just got sik of people asking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

cros13 wrote: »

that's pretty crap lots of missing chargers.

is there one that catches more than the esb map..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

that's pretty crap lots of missing chargers.

is there one that catches more than the esb map..

esb map seems very comprehensive

"Cheers,

Added it. Harpers Lane, Wexford. Not sure does it have to be approved by a moderator. Doesn't look to be showing on the map though."

This is active in the ESB map I believe

BoatMad wrote: »
    esb map seems very comprehensive

"Cheers,

Added it. Harpers Lane, Wexford. Not sure does it have to be approved by a moderator. Doesn't look to be showing on the map though."

This is active in the ESB map I believe

It was active for weeks despite it being down. Fixed now though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement