Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Cycle Clothing + Accessories

Options
  • 02-07-2015 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

does anyone recommend any places that sell cycle gear without spending a fortune?
    I seen LIDL have some deals coming on the 6th July but would like to know of other places also
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

does anyone recommend any places that sell cycle gear without spending a fortune?
    I seen LIDL have some deals coming on the 6th July but would like to know of other places also
    Thanks
    Decathlon stores, Dhb stuff from wiggle.Co.uk, Dare2B kit in Elvery's and the occasional bargain in TK Maxx

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

+1 for DHB I have 5 jerseys for commuting from them, and they're great quality. I think they only cost €9 each when I got them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Aliexpress do a lot of cheap kit. I've bought jerseys, bib shorts, bib tights and gloves off them and they are all well made and have held up well even after 100's of kms on the bike.

However I still prefer my dhb bib shorts for longer rides as you do notice the difference over the cheaper gear. Depends how far you cycle I suppose. Cheap gear is ok up to 40km or so but if you're going further than that, I'd spend more to protect the nether regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Ekoi gear is meant to be good according to some older threads here (haven't bought but looking myself) they have a sale at the moment, not sure how they work out size wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

rtmie wrote: »
    Ekoi gear is meant to be good according to some older threads here (haven't bought but looking myself) they have a sale at the moment[/URL], not sure how they work out size wise.

cheers looks like there is sale, ill look into it

ill also check out other option from above users

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

+1 for DHB I have 5 jerseys for commuting from them, and they're great quality. I think they only cost €9 each when I got them.

Got a few ali SS jerseys last week, do the job ok but the DHB kit is better.

Advertisement