Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inputs would be nice.

Options
  • 02-07-2015 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Alright, I'll tell my story first and explain what I'm looking for at the end.

So spiritual connections and mediumship run in my family, though most of my family members choose to stop it from happening. So from a young age I've talked about my grandmother who died many years before my birth in the Buttavent train crash. This was the beginning...

As I turned into a teen I was extremely frightened for a lenghty period of time, reason being that I was hearing very vivid voices in my head telling me to harm other individuals, never did I act on these voices, they did however leave me a little distraught to say the least. So I read up a bit and found a book that said verbally commanding spirits to leave you alone can cause them to diminish in a sense. So I tried it, as I finished saying something along the lines of "Please, I don't want to hear you anymore, go away!", I heard a faint whisper of "You will pay" and two weeks later, my long term partner began to physically abuse me (will not discuss this in detail).

After getting out of that relationship, all contact with spirits of any source ceased. During that whole escapade in my life, my grandfather passed away, he may as well have been a third parent to me as he lived with me, raised me, thought me manners and how to be an actual gentleman with my jeans above my butt.

Recently I've been contacted by him through vivid, odd kind of dreams, and I am into lucid dreaming so I know that I'm not experiencing one of those as he is completely in control of these "visits" at all times.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever experienced this, and/or how can I go about contacting him in return, to ensure everything is okay and he's not warning us of something or despairing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Hi quainy. I really don't mean to sound cynical, but regarding the voices in your head - did you ever consider a psychological/psychosomatic explanation for them and seek appropriate medical intervention? It may be the case that in divining an explanation for the seemingly inexplicable, you're conflating these voices with the onset of a series of incredibly traumatic and tragic events in your personal life, thereby investing them [the voices] with a power that, in actuality, they don't really have.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Honestly, I've had two full psychic evaluations, one after I tried telling my parents about my experiences, to which nothing came back conclusive and a routine follow up 9 months to a year later, again inconclusive. Both with separate psychiatrists to ensure human error on the part of the first evaluator wouldn't be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

If you post this in the spirituality forum you may get the input you want.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=535

have a look here too.http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

What does your granddad do/say in your dreams? he might just wants to visit and make sure you are ok.

Can you ask one of the family members how to might handle it or do they not know cause they don't want it to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

quainy wrote: »
    So spiritual connections and mediumship run in my family, though most of my family members choose to stop it from happening.

How, exactly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement