Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Schools

Options
  • 01-07-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This is probably in the wrong place but I didn't know where to put it so sorry.

Basically I'm a secondary school student currently going into fifth year in the next term but I wish to enrol in a different school and leave my current one. Does anyone know the procedures I have to take - i.e. giving notice to my old school and such - to change schools.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Cfa99 wrote: »

Basically I'm a secondary school student currently going into fifth year in the next term but I wish to enrol in a different school and leave my current one. Does anyone know the procedures I have to take - i.e. giving notice to my old school and such - to change schools.

There aren't any standard procedures. Once you are enrolled in your new school contact your current school to let them know you are leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lazerwolf

You could ask the faculty at your school such as the principle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Cfa99 wrote: »

Have you a place in the school you want to change to? Don't assume they have a place for you, or go making any drastic decisions until you make sure you have...

And if you have, just ring up your old school and tell them you won't be coming back. It's that simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya thats about it really. Make absolutely sure its all official and confirmed with the other school. TBH I wouldnt tell anyone (friends included) untill everything is definitely ready to go either.
    Also one last piece of advice, try and leave on good terms if possible , I.e. dont go badmouthing the old school unnecessarily , some of the people you leave behind could end up being a future employer!

Advertisement