Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Remote for Android Box

Options
  • 01-07-2015 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi Guys

What remotes are you using for your Android boxes? The remote that came with the MX3 is woeful, and since the young lad dribbled all over it, it's getting fairly unreliable as well.

Any recommendations? Would love something with a backlit keyboard on one side, tracker or air-mouse function and easily mappable keys for favourites etc.

Any ideas?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You could try attaching a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I got a Logitech keyboard & Mouse in Argos for 20 euro and they worked flawlessly on the Android box

edit: It was one of those sets that comes with a little USB adaptor that plugs into the android box, and it worked off the bat, really handy.

/edit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

All the remotes for the Android TV boxes drove me nuts.

Have you tried using an app as a remote? Using an app is best I find. There are a number of good Kodi apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Meile f10 deluxe is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

deckie27 wrote: »
    Meile f10 deluxe is fantastic

Looks decent thanks for that!

FWIW I love Yatse on my phone and it works with my Genesis Library beautifully, can scroll through my library on my phone with all the fan art etc but Yatse works only within Kodi so I find myself having to use the clakety-clak remote that came with the Android box to still boot it up and launch Kodi.
    If anyone needs a great Kodi only remote for their phone I don't think there's a better remote.

I'd love to amalgamate my 4 remotes into an all-in-one solution that's Android Box & Kodi friendly but that might be too big an ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

Quick update: I went and bought a Logitech 650 Remote, and amalgamated 4 remotes into one (including the MXIII) in the space of 45 mins of taking it out of it's packaging.

There are some drawbacks to this, such as the L-650 doesn't have a keyboard or mouse function. This isn't a deal breaker for me though and if I wanted to I could assign these functions to keys on the L-650.

Delighted to ditch the crummy remote that came with my MXIII, and have something that works nicely with Kodi and all my other devices to boot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement