Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this some sort of scam?

Options
  • 01-07-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I got an email today from iTunes EU <pebf@jcsltd.co.uk> saying

"Thank you for purchasing the following item from the Apple Store:

- Product Name FIFA 2015 - Pocket Edition
    - Order Number ITUNES-APP1G21K28HHS
    - Receipt Date 01/07/2015
    - Order total € 15.21

If you did not authorize this purchase, please visit the Apple Store Transaction Cancellation Form within the next 12 hours in order to cancel this payment.

You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies by launching your iTunes application and clicking on Terms of Sale or Sales Policies.

Apple respects your privacy. Thank you for your purchase."

I don't think anyone is interested in buying this in my household...but I'd lent my laptop to a teenage member of the household last night... so I want to be sure. Anyone come across this?

I don't really want to go into the cancellation link in case it's just finding out if my email address is a real one.

(Mods, if I'm in the wrong place, please move! Thanks!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Is there a link or download in the email?
    Dont follow anything in the email

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

It's a scam..

When you hover the mouse over the links that are in the mail you should see they do not link to the apple.com domain..

http://blog.returnpath.com/blog/lauren-soares/10-tips-on-how-to-identify-a-phishing-or-spoofing-email

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Jcsltd.co.UK is an Apple Reseller in the UK, you wouldn't be getting emails for app purchases from them.

Are there any charges on your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks all, I checked my account at the iTunes store and nothing of the sort was bought. The only recent purchases were a couple of free apps, some weeks ago.

Thanks for your help! That's sorted that out quickly.

Advertisement