Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone sold UK tickets on stubhub, getmein etc?

Options
  • 01-07-2015 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has sold tickets to a UK concert on the likes of stubhub, getmein etc. I have a ticket to Ed Sheeran in Wembley that I need to sell and just wondering about getting around having a UK address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Have just discovered that seatwave will let you list & sell them and even send payment direct to your irish bank account rather than paypal. Now lets hope the ticket sells!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

mel.b wrote:
    Have just discovered that seatwave will let you list & sell them and even send payment direct to your irish bank account rather than paypal. Now lets hope the ticket sells!

Hey. Did you end up selling the ticket through seatwave? I have a couple of tickets I unfortunately won't be able to use and was considering selling through seatwave but a little concerned I'll get stung someway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I didn't :( It was even the cheapest ticket listed on there for the concert, but probably the combination of the tix being in Ireland an being a single seat (not general admin) meant people weren't interested. They do offer a service where you can send them the ticket and the buyer pays & collects it at the event so that might be the safest / easiest way to do it. I don't think you can do it though until you are in physical possesion of the ticket yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

why not try www.toutless.com ?

Or use #ticketfairy and tweet the band's account?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

Just thought id update this to let you know I ended up selling through seatwave and all worked out sound. It does take over 10 working days after the event takes place (not after the tickets are sold) for payment to be processed. But if you are OK with that it is a very useful means of getting rid of unwanted tickets without the hassle of done deal etc where you are listening to offers etc. I was a bit wary but Relieved it worked out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Tried before, impossible to sell for face value as they charge a 15% fee to me as the seller on the price I put on it (face value - so in fact I'm down money) and then another 15% on top for the buyer.

Rip off, no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mate of mine sold 2 tickets on it.
    He had to wait until 10 days after the gigs to get paid but got paid Sterling into his Paypal account, not sure what way he set it up but he's based in Ireland.
    Ticketmaster behind it so he was going to get paid, just a long wait.
    Commission is horrendous for both buyer and seller and effects the chances of selling the tickets as you have to take into account both commissions.
    Good for buyers (excluding the commission) as they won't get scammed, seller doesn't get paid if buyer doesn't receive the tickets.

Advertisement