Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCT in a nutshell

Options
  • 01-07-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭

I have an interview for a bookkeeping position with a school tomorrow. I'm just going through the job spec and noticed RCT returns(in the small print). I understand the principles of RCT but haven't much experience of using the system. I can't imagine there will be a huge amount of RCT records for a school but I obviously need to have an idea of what's involved. i understand that the Board of Management acts as the Principal contractor, is this right ?
    Could some kind person give me a couple of pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Yes the school is regarded as a principal for RCT. They have to register for VAT and input a payment notifications for all payments to builders.

They also have to self account for VAT for some stupid reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

If you just Google "RCT and Schools" the first thing that comes up is the revenue guide to rct and schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks folks

Advertisement