Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland

Options
  • 01-07-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Have some friends coming over from France with their motorhome this summer (a couple and their 6 year old). They'll spend about 10 days here and are looking for some ideas for a good itinerary. Can you help with some suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭spuddy

Just to add, from what I've seen here, the following look good

Wexford - Ferrybanks
    Wicklow - Hidden Valley
    Waterford - Duncannon Holiday Park
    Kerry - Beechgrove

NI seems to have a useful website, would the following places be advisable during Jul / marching season?
    Fermanagh - Rushin House
    Fermanagh - Mullynascarthy Caravan Park 
    Antrim - Ballyness

Any others recommended, especially in the Clare/Galway/Mayo area?
    I tried the Discover Ireland website, but it doesn't seem to be a camping friendly compared to its northern counter part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Wildcamp, Streedagh beach Sligo, Leenane Galway, Slieve League cliffs carpark Donegal, Keem and Keel beaches Achill island, Ballyvaughan and Ballycotton piers just a few ideas to get you started....

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'd like to give them an itinerary which gives them a good taste of Ireland, but keeps them on some of the better (wider) roads. Achill is great spot, but I've been there often enough to know I wouldn't send them for their first trip down some of those Mayo boreens :)

Also, they mentioned that they often find a spot to just to park up for the night in France. How easy/hard is it do that here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

i think that is what bogman was suggesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Nagles in doolin is one of our favourite if they're going that far http://www.doolincamping.com/

Barleycove if in west cork is my favourite beach, not a huge fan of the campsite but the location is fantastic. Fabulous area for swimming snorkling fishing sailing kayaking. Great walks out the headlands including mizen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Have we many campsites where you can plug into electricity and water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Have we many campsites where you can plug into electricity and water?

I've never been on a paid campsite that didn't have electricity you may need a stupidly long lead in some places. Individual water would be a rare thing but thats what aquarolls and built in tanks are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/parks/kerry/wave-crest-caravan-park This is in Castlecove outside Caherdaniel on the Ring of Kerry. It's really nice.
    Wild camping in Kerry - strongly recommend The Magharees - also on the Quay in Kenmare

denmar wrote: »
    http://www.camping-ireland.ie/parks/kerry/wave-crest-caravan-park This is in Castlecove outside Caherdaniel on the Ring of Kerry. It's really nice.
    Wild camping in Kerry - strongly recommend The Magharees - also on the Quay in Kenmare

That's a good website, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭bellucio

denmar wrote: »
    We were thinking of heading here over the summer..As far as I remember it got badly hit by storms in the last 18 months.. (apologies if I am wrong on that!) If it was, is everything back up to the high spec that it looks like from the web site ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

bellucio wrote: »
    We were thinking of heading here over the summer..As far as I remember it got badly hit by storms in the last 18 months.. (apologies if I am wrong on that!) If it was, is everything back up to the high spec that it looks like from the web site ?

Yes the storm did a lot of damage but all up and running again - as good as new:cool: It's just beautiful down there. Was down there for a couple of weekends recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Have a look at this website www.campinginkerry.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TravelingMan

We love Wells House in Wexford when we come to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I'm not saying that anything is wrong but I'm curious as to why someone joins boards and instantly posts on one thread that is 2 years old and another that is 4 months old!.

As I said, I'm just curious/puzzled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I'm not saying that anything is wrong but I'm curious as to why someone joins boards and instantly posts on one thread that is 2 years old and another that is 4 months old!.

As I said, I'm just curious/puzzled.

Looking at their other post I would agree with your spidey senses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Looking at their other post I would agree with your spidey senses

"Spidey" ?:confused: that's a word that doesn't appear in my copy of the OED.
    Local word in your part of the country perhaps?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

"Spidey" ?:confused: that's a word that doesn't appear in my copy of the OED.
    Local word in your part of the country perhaps?.

81754961.jpg

oa1x0.jpg

Advertisement