Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Tattoo Aftercare etc

Options
  • 01-07-2015 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering about the aftercare of a back tattoo?

I'm getting the whole back done. All my other tattoos are easy to reach etc but I'm wondering how others got on with looking after the back while it healed? Also wearing t-shirts etc etc. I had the chest done a few months back and the healing was grand if a little awkward trying to wear a t-shirt etc.

Just looking for advice. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I had someone on hand to help me clean and apply bepanthen to mine which was lucky.

As for your clothes, I took to sellotaping a layer of clingfilm to whatever top I was wearing. Make sure the top is loose enough so the clingfilm isn't actually sticking to the tattoo and the skin has room to breathe. It just helps prevent the tattoo from getting stuck to your t shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I had someone on hand to help me clean and apply bepanthen to mine which was lucky.

As for your clothes, I took to sellotaping a layer of clingfilm to whatever top I was wearing. Make sure the top is loose enough so the clingfilm isn't actually sticking to the tattoo and the skin has room to breathe. It just helps prevent the tattoo from getting stuck to your t shirt.

Lateral thinking. I love lateral thinking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well this is an interesting healing time have the OH driven mad with on demand aftercare. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement