Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cit course for hibernia

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I want to be a primary school teacher and have Mary I down as my first choice but I know I definitely won't get it. I have arts in ucc down aswell but worried I won't get that. I was thinking if I didn't get arts that I could do early years in cit but my friend said that I wouldn't get hibernia with a degree from an IT.I am just woundering is my friend right or would hibernia accept a candidate who has a degree from an IT?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hibernia entry requirements

I see nothing there about accepting University graduates but not IoT graduates; and I would expect uproar and outcry and Joe Duffy having a field day if they ever suggested such a thing.

Where your friend may have got the idea is that many IoT's offer Level 7 (General) as well as Level 8 (Honours) degrees, whereas almost all university degrees are Level 8.

Some of the IoT Level 8 degrees will be by direct entry; some are top-ups of one year after the Level 7 degree (a quick look at EYE in CIT suggests that might be the case here).

CIT BA in Early Years Education

Top-up / additional year for Level 8 degree

You WILL need to complete the Level 8 degree to be eligible to apply to Hibernia for primary teaching; see the page I linked to at the top.

Personally, Early Years Education seems a good degree to do if you're interested in primary teaching eventually.

Advertisement