Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Flight Change Problems

Options
  • 30-06-2015 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Earlier I booked return flights to London, and soon after I used my reservation number in the "Manage My Booking" section to change my return flight.

During the flight change it showed my previous price being deducted from the total before adding the new price (which included the new flight reservation). My original booking wasn't shown in the total that time.

However, when I checked my bank statement both bookings (the original and the changed one) went through.

Does it take 24 hours for Ryanair to refund my original booking?

If this is in the wrong form, mods feel free to move it.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Also, I have the confirmation emails from both my original and changed bookings and they both contain the same reservation number.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,170 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If you booked using credit card, check your card statements as well. They cancelled a flight i had booked once, and simply reversed the card transaction.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I booked with a Visa Debit. Thankfully I have confirmation emails to prove both the original and changed flight details have the same reservation number.

I will check my card statements, but according to Banking 365 I was charged for both, granted it can sometimes take 24 hours for these things to be finalized.

Personally I feel I should only be charged for the outgoing flight and the changed return flight because having the same reservation number shows the second reservation I made (the altered reservation) was not another booking altogether but rather an alteration of the original.

Can I use this number as proof I am entitled to a refund for the original return flight before it was changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Ryanair live chat starts at 6am, the best way to contact them. Do so as early as possible in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement