Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Referendum on the Voting Age

Options
  • 30-06-2015 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I was thinking that if they were to repeal the 8th Amendment, that they would hold a smaller referendum alongside it just the presidential age referendum alongside same sex marriage? My bet here is that it will a voting age referendum? Just wanted to get peoples opinion on the issue, I would be voting Yes I see no problems with it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Irishlad99 wrote: »
    I was thinking that if they were to repeal the 8th Amendment, that they would hold a smaller referendum alongside it just the presidential age referendum alongside same sex marriage? My bet here is that it will a voting age referendum? Just wanted to get peoples opinion on the issue, I would be voting Yes I see no problems with it!
    I voted yes to it but realistically a lot of aul wans & aul fellas don't think their 'pride & joy' can run a country at 18 years of age but can get into the cronyism of Irish politics then.
    25 is the key figure here! Finish college, work or at least travel a year or two & retire by 30.. happy days

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057435455

This is probably the best place to continue the debate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement