Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there no storage in or near 3arena?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Maybe I'm just in aware of it, but why is there no cloakroom in 3arena or even storage lockers near the place? It makes things so inconvinient. I feel someone could run a decent business, just offering that and maybe a small shop or something near the place.
    Anyway, from people's experience, where's the best place to put my bag during the show? I have to make a 12 am bus back to Cork.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Same reason there's no cloakroom or storage in other places where only one person thinks they're needed?

Flippant answer, but honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maybe they don't have the space? I doubt that though.
    endacl wrote: »
    Same reason there's no cloakroom or storage in other places where only one person thinks they're needed?

Flippant answer, but honest.

Everybody thinks they are needed, I hear it from everybody every single time I go, they'd make money doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I can only imagine providing a cloak room for a place the size of The Point would result in a massive cluster**** at the end of any show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Yeah a cloakroom would be dead handy.
    It's a pox having to carry around a jacket while trying to enjoy a gig.
    JJ wrote: »
    I can only imagine providing a cloak room for a place the size of The Point would result in a massive cluster**** at the end of any show.
    That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

If you imagine a standing/seated split show, and lets say 4000 of the standers used the cloakroom (not unrealistic during winter months, seated people don't need it), that's a massive issue at the end of the show if it takes a minute to get an item back to each person - even a massive cloakroom with 40 staff would take ages!

Above all else though it's a license issue I think, curfew is 11 and venue has to be clear by a certain time also, so just not feasible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I attended a gig in Holland with 36000 people, they had lockers, never mind a cloakroom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

I attended a gig in Holland with 36000 people, they had lockers, never mind a cloakroom!

They have lockers at Electric Picnic. It's not a nationality issue, it's a logistics issue, it just wouldn't work in the 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

They have lockers at Electric Picnic. It's not a nationality issue, it's a logistics issue, it just wouldn't work in the 3Arena.

They had thousands of lockers instead of a cloakroom as far as I recall.
    Wembley arena and NEC Birmingham, both of which have a larger capacity than the 3 arena, have cloakrooms. The old Point Depot had cloakrooms. It's not rocket science to run them efficiently.

Advertisement