Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

35 min stopover......

Options
  • 30-06-2015 7:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Am looking at booking a flight between Copenhagen and Tbilisi on the Air Baltic website, the choice which suits best has a 35min stopover in Riga:eek:

Am just enquiring to find out, would Air Baltic more than likely accommodate one on the next flight out to Tbilisi if the first flight gets badly delayed from Copenhagen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

shiibata wrote: »
    Am looking at booking a flight between Copenhagen and Tbilisi on the Air Baltic website, the choice which suits best has a 35min stopover in Riga:eek:

Am just enquiring to find out, would Air Baltic more than likely accommodate one on the next flight out to Tbilisi if the first flight gets badly delayed from Copenhagen.
    I thought 40 minutes was the legal minimum stop over? Is Air Baltic a point to point airline like Ryanair ie did you have to look at both sectors as individual flights or is it showing as a connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

You should be fine. My boss transits through Riga a lot with similar stopover. You'll just walk off the plane and to next gate. They will put you on next flight if its all one ticket. I regularly do 40 mins in Copenhagen and its plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

athtrasna wrote: »
    I thought 40 minutes was the legal minimum stop over? Is Air Baltic a point to point airline like Ryanair ie did you have to look at both sectors as individual flights or is it showing as a connection?
    Riga has a minimum connection time of 25 minutes so it should be fine
    https://www.airbaltic.com/en/transferring-riga-airport

if you miss the connection, and are on the same through ticket, then they are obliged to book you on the next flight/ make alternative arangements/ pay for any overnight required and possibly a couple of hundred euro compensation for a longer delay.

if you are buying 2 separate tickets for the 2 legs, then its your problem if the flight is missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Thanks folks for the replies, Copenhagen-Tbilisi return, all the one booking so will go ahead and book it later:) Tbilisi, not the easiest place get to.

Turkish airlines, the obvious choice for 2 flights to Tbilisi but the flights are sky high for when I want to go:( so it looks like 3 flights

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Air baltic are grand. Never heard bad reports about them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement