Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk car hire and booster seat

Options
  • 29-06-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Travelling to The uk next wk (with Ryanair). My three yr old is coming too, and we will probably bring along a stroller.
    We're hiring a car at the other side, and we will need a booster. He's currently in a group one seat, but is at the weight limit for it, so I need to buy a high back booster here anyhow.
    The cost of hiring a seat is about £25, which is criminal, because the last time we went, they had a pile of seats thrown in a corner- told me to take what I wanted, and there was no instruction for/help with fitting it (at the time, he was in a group one seat). Most of them looked about as old as myself, and they weren't exactly clean either- but I'd obviously get over that!
    So. I can bring a booster cushion in my carry on, and chance using that, even though he's technically not old enough, or heavy enough, or I can pay the extortionate hire fee.
    But does anyone know how much Ryanair will charge for us to bring a high back booster with us? I'd prefer to do that if I could, although it's probably not financially viable. I can only find old threads about it, which say €10 each way- but that seems too good to be true!

Comments

Advertisement