Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was I right or was I being nosey?

Options
  • 29-06-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys just want to settle something here , the other day went for my walk with my daughter and boyfriend . We were walking around our estate and we passed a car parked up outside apartments , it was about 20C all the windows were shut except the left back window which was cranked about an inch down, with two toddlers asleep in the back . I stood around for five mins just incase maybe the parent would come back , then finally pops The parent "fathers" head out one of the balconys saying he'll only be a minute and thanks for my concern.

so brushed it off , bit worried come back around the estate again about 30 mins later and kids are still there in the car!

so stayed there again until the father came down to drive away who then sarcastically says "thanks for your concern"

my boyfriend was thinking maybe I shouldn't of been nosey but I dunno was just worrying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

So basically two little tots were left alone for thirty minutes in a locked car with a window partially open, and the only supervision was an adult looking down on them occasionally from a balcony several storeys above?!

I think your behaviour showed extreme restraint, to be honest. In my view, the caretakers of the children were being grossly irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hi guys just want to settle something here , the other day went for my walk with my daughter and boyfriend . We were walking around our estate and we passed a car parked up outside apartments , it was about 20C all the windows were shut except the left back window which was cranked about an inch down, with two toddlers asleep in the back . I stood around for five mins just incase maybe the parent would come back , then finally pops The parent "fathers" head out one of the balconys saying he'll only be a minute and thanks for my concern.

so brushed it off , bit worried come back around the estate again about 30 mins later and kids are still there in the car!

so stayed there again until the father came down to drive away who then sarcastically says "thanks for your concern"

my boyfriend was thinking maybe I shouldn't of been nosey but I dunno was just worrying

I would have called the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd have called the Garda too.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

What an absolute prick of a parent. I hope you've shamed him into never behaving like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Thank you I wish I did now call the gardai , but at least I know what to do in the future incase I ever see it happen again. Just annoys me so much there are so many warnings and horrific stories about kids in cars and this guy just left two toddlers there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Jesus, children can and have died in lower temps after being a car for less time. You were very right to be concerned. Definitely call the guards if you ever see hm at it again. I bet he wouldn't have left his dog in that car for that length of time, but he leaves his kids? Beggars belief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'd call the guards too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I don't think I'd have waited the five minutes to call emergency services the first time you passed around.

I mean, if anyone was actually keeping an eye on them from inside the apartments (which still isn't OK), it wouldn't have taken five minutes for them to notice a couple of strangers hanging around their car and looking in at their children!!

I would have contacted emergency services and I imagine that the operator would give you the best advice on what to do while waiting for them to arrive. I imagine they'd suggest knocking on the windows and attempting to wake the children and - given the temperature - I imagine they'd suggest breaking a window to gain access if the children weren't responding.

To be honest I'd do that for a dog, on a hot day, never mind for small children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Ffs. Just about everything was wrong with this. The car was parked on the street, not even in a driveway. The windows weren't open. And the children weren't being supervised.
    Talk about taking every unnecessary risk possible.

These people are idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

highly1111 wrote: »
    What an absolute prick of a parent. I hope you've shamed him into never behaving like that again.

No chance of any shame, gobsh1tes like this are always in the right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement