Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get from Heuston Train Station to Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 29-06-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭

Hi.... not being from Dublin I need directions of how to get from Hueston to Dun Laoghaire. (excuse the spelling!) for an appointment next week.

How much would it be by Taxi???

How could I do it by public transport ?? How long would it take by this means as well??

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it was me I would get the LUAS to Connolly Station and then get the DART from there to Dun Laoghaire. Probably looking at around an hour to an hour and 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If it was me I would get the LUAS to Connolly Station and then get the DART from there to Dun Laoghaire. Probably looking at around an hour to an hour and 15 mins.
    This is spot on. It's a journey I do every now and then, and I don't think it's ever taken longer than 1h15mins. Unless it's late at night or something, when DARTs are a lot less frequent.

A taxi would cost a fortune. Late evening time (so no traffic delays) from DL to Kilmainham is about 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You'd probably be quicker getting off the Luas at Abbey Street and walking to Tara Street station, remember not all Luas go to Connolly you you might have to get off at Busaras and then walk a decent bit to the DART platforms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

You'd probably be quicker getting off the Luas at Abbey Street and walking to Tara Street station, remember not all Luas go to Connolly you you might have to get off at Busaras and then walk a decent bit to the DART platforms.

Eh? How do you know what Luas will not go to Connolly? I'm going to have to make the reverse of trip (ie Connolly to Heuston) hefting a cage of ferrets. (And where do the Luasanna stop outside Heuston and Connolly, please?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Eh? How do you know what Luas will not go to Connolly? I'm going to have to make the reverse of trip (ie Connolly to Heuston) hefting a cage of ferrets. (And where do the Luasanna stop outside Heuston and Connolly, please?)

From Heuston, the LUAS marked The Point do not go to Connolly as the Connolly stop is actually a short branch off the line to the Point, but they go to Busaras, a LUAS stop beside the Bus station a few hundred yards from Connolly - practically across the road.

The LUAS stop for Heuston is directly outside the station.

All LUAS from Busaras go to Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would second this advice.

It is faster to get off at Abbey and walk to Tara Street to catch the DART rather than going via Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

LUAS only serves Connolly from:
    Mon-Fri: 07:10-19:30

Sat: 09:05-18:45

Sun: 15:10-19:00

Outside of these hours you have to go to Busaras stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

and no one batted even an eyelid

Advertisement