Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOA or MRAD

Options
  • 29-06-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I'm looking at a new scope that comes in the following combinations.

(1) MIL Dot Ret and MOA adjustments

(2) MIL DOT Ret and MRAD adjustments

(3) MOA Ret & MOD adjustments.

Which is the best combination?

Option 2 suits my pocket best but option 3 will probably be the best as its most expensive??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

If it was me I would make sure that the reticle and turrets were the same

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

the secret is make sure the reticle matches ie mil/mil.... moa/moa

then its a personal choice ...some people think in inches and yards more in cm and metres..... so if you look at your point of impact (distance from the bull compared to where you aim) and think im one inch right then get an moa scope or if you look and say im 2.5 cm from the bull get a mil scope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Option 2 is a mil based reticle and a mil based turret. Sounds good to me. moa reticle and moa turret is also good. Would use either happily.

I like the lower numbers and 1 decimal place (usually) used in mil scopes.

Do you have a buddy you mainly go shooting with? Conventional wisdom on-line says if he is using one or the other (mil or moa) that could be factor in which you pick. I say feck that, buy what you like and make your buddy upgrade too :D

Advertisement