Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time to stop Muslims moving to Ireland and ban Islam?

Options
  • 29-06-2015 1:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭

Looking at how other European countries are suffering due to the large muslim population, do we want the same for our own little island?

Do we want mosques across Ireland and locals being brainwashed into converting to it?

Is it time we stopped classifying it as a religion and made it illegal for our own safety?

Or should we be politically correct and say islam is a 'religion of peace' when it is clearly not, and have Muslims sugarcoat it for the western audiences saying it's really 'nice and peaceful'?

I think as a nation we have the opportunity to not follow in the footsteps of the UK and France and Sweden and Belgium, where islam has been a complete disaster for them. We have to find a way to stop people who follow islam moving here and make it illegal and classify it as a hate ideology, or we can be weak and go along with the rhetoric of the uk etc... about islam and have ireland destroyed by it. Your choice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ah jaysus...

No

I'll take tolerance and inclusiveness over sweeping generalisation and bigotry. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

But then we'd have to ban Catholicism too, cos of the 'RA...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭niamhstokes

Candie wrote: »
    I'll take tolerance and inclusiveness over sweeping generalisation and bigotry. Thanks.

I'll take intolerance of evil hate ideologies and the evidence of its effect on other countries over being 'politically correct' and weak. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think as a nation we have the opportunity to not follow in the footsteps of the UK and France and Sweden and Belgium, where islam has been a complete disaster for them.
    That's because they're following your example.

We already have a Muslim population and mosques yet we haven't seen any terrorist attacks here. We don't see Muslim extremists here either.

• Advertisement

I'll take intolerance of evil hate ideologies and the evidence of its effect on other countries over being 'politically correct' and weak. Thanks.

OOooh! What about the old home-grown hate ideologies? You're okay with them, right?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yes OP, this is a very good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

What an absurd suggestion Niamh.

Introduce a sort of Penal Laws? No thank you

I take it you don't actually know anyone who is a Muslim, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Looking at how other European countries are suffering due to the large muslim population, do we want the same for our own little island?

How are European countries suffering because of Muslims? (a minority)
    Is it time we stopped classifying it as a religion and made it illegal for our own safety?
    But it IS a religion... :confused:
    I think as a nation we have the opportunity to not follow in the footsteps of the UK and France and Sweden and Belgium, where islam has been a complete disaster for them.
    Again, a disaster how? Sweden is the most progressive and feminist country in the world. If Islamic influence is so strong, how to you explain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: Not happening; it's just going to go down a road of people bashing Muslims and getting carded.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement