Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Event needs..

Options
  • 29-06-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

hi genuinely no idea where this should go, so if it could be moved id much appreciate it.

Anyways. In October is the 20th anniversary of my late mother. As such i want to do something in her memory. I was thinking of doing like a table quiz and donating all the proceeds (less purchased prizes) to the hospice where she received great care for a year or two before her death.

Now if i can get everyone on board (of my friends) that have something to offer, i can organise it and get prizes etc and thats not the issue. What is an issue for me is having never done anything like this before i need to know if i need anything in terms of paperwork in place? Do i need permission from lets say the hospice to collect money kind of on their behalf? Will i need an accountant (although all will be above board) just to prove transparency? Is there any red tape in terms of government, ie do i need special paperwork allowing me to collect donations etc? I am at early stages of planning, have a venue in mind but havent approached anyone about anything YET.

All info would be greatly appreciated. Oh also would any money collected be able to be donated say in the name of my deceased mother or is there anyway it can be obvious that it is from her (not sure if that makes sense)

Thanks in advance fellow boardsies

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement