Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rattan Furniture for outdoor use.

Options
  • 29-06-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I am putting new decking up in the next number of weeks and want to replace the furniture that I have already which is kaput.

Is rattan furniture any good and would it be able to left exposed to wind, rain and sun over the summer (it would be covered up for the winter).

I want something that has some sort of lasting and don't want it to be dumped after a number of years. Mrs Boris is in favour of it but I have to be convinced.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

We got some form homestore and more earlier this year, seems okay to be left out for the past 3 months . Ill also be putting it indoors during the winter.
    I was skeptical before we bought but they seem sturdy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

Thanks for that but long term is what I am especially interested in. There is not much of a difference price wise in this set that I am looking and and a cast iron one that I like.

Just trying to see if I will get the same length out of both i.e. the same value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

boris232 wrote: »
    Thanks for that but long term is what I am especially interested in. There is not much of a difference price wise in this set that I am looking and and a cast iron one that I like.

Just trying to see if I will get the same length out of both i.e. the same value.
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but did you buy rattan after?
    I'm thinking of rattan with an aluminium frame so it doesn't rust and can be power washed.

Advertisement