Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at Events Management for the future

Options
  • 29-06-2015 12:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

Maybe I am bit naive writing this. I work during the week. I am very interested in organising events at work/outside work and making sure they are a success. Would love to work at events during weekends and getting some experience as it is a area that I would like to work in the future. I think I could put my language skills to good use. Maybe as per another post that volunteering at events is the way to go (where do you get information on this though?) or I would be interested in hearing from other people who are thinking like me and how they are going about it. Sorry if the post is a bit random but plenty of thoughts going through my head at the moment!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

A good starting point might be to sign up for the Event Management Students mailing list by Cuckoo Events, it seems to address a number of the areas you're looking at. You could also try reaching out to them on social media directly, Mark over there always seemed like a nice fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

As per previous, check out Cuckoo's blog - it'll give you a lot of insight.

Volunteer wise - http://www.volunteerfingal.ie/

Getting to work at it, put your name in for event roles paid or unpaid with any event in your area. I know that the crowd who run Hell & Back are always looking to pay people to help with their events.

My best advice would be to go work for another event company and see what is required of an event manager. I really thought I'd want to run events on a big scale, but it turns out that I'm actually happy to be a cog in the wheel :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Many thanks for your helpful advise guys. Appreciate it:)

Advertisement