Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed the leaving cert exam due to ill-health

Options
  • 28-06-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I missed the leaving cert exam as I was rushed to the hospital few days before the leaving cert exams and I had to do a brain surgery so it was just impossible to do it.

I was wondering what would happen to my LCVP, french orals and Geography project? Will I ever see the results or am I allowed to resubmit my Geog as I will take it again in my repeat?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I'm sorry to hear about your operation and I hope you're making a safe recovery.

As regards to oral and projects etc., you'll get results in August with those subjects on the sheet with an asterisks next to them indicating there was an incomplete section (e.g the written exam).

I did not do Geography for the Leaving Cert so I'm not too sure about the project, but my friends did 2 rough projects, so you probably have the same thing done, or something similar. AFAIK you will probably have to do the Fieldstudy again with the class but you'd have to confirm this with your teacher in September.

Try to not think about the Leaving Cert/Results/School until late September and focus on your health!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

Troxck wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about your operation and I hope you're making a safe recovery.

As regards to oral and projects etc., you'll get results in August with those subjects on the sheet with an asterisks next to them indicating there was an incomplete section (e.g the written exam).

I did not do Geography for the Leaving Cert so I'm not too sure about the project, but my friends did 2 rough projects, so you probably have the same thing done, or something similar. AFAIK you will probably have to do the Fieldstudy again with the class but you'd have to confirm this with your teacher in September.

Try to not think about the Leaving Cert/Results/School until late September and focus on your health!

Thank you very much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Once the results are out, get your school's Examinations Secretary to contact Athlone Reasonable Accommodations section and they will sort out about the projects.
    Hope you're on the mend now. Your health is far more important than any Leaving Cert..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I missed the leaving cert exam as I was rushed to the hospital few days before the leaving cert exams and I had to do a brain surgery so it was just impossible to do it.

I was wondering what would happen to my LCVP, french orals and Geography project? Will I ever see the results or am I allowed to resubmit my Geog as I will take it again in my repeat?

Thanks in advance.

I hope you are making a good recovery.

Any subject where you did part of the subject (project, oral etc) you will get a grade for, but because you didn't do the written, they will most likely be E/F/NG grades. E.g. the geography project I think it worth 20%, so you couldn't get more than 20 anyway so it will most likely come up as an F on your cert.

Obviously this is nothing to worry about right now, you need to look after your health.

I do know that if you repeat LCVP, that the mark you get in LCVP portfolio is carried over to the following year and you only do the written paper again.

Marks for other subjects are not carried over, so you would have to do the French oral again next year, as for Geography, I don't know, is there a new title each year, can students pick their own? If it's a new title, then you will have to do the project again.

That is not a worry for now, you can worry about that when you go back to school. In August just like everyone else you can apply to see your papers, so you will be able to see your LCVP and Geography and see how you got on with them.

Advertisement