Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First agenda item: the split

Options
  • 28-06-2015 1:29pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From the it's-funny-'cos-it's-true department:
    One of the seven candidates unveiled at their launch in Castlebar last month, Stephen Manning, was excluded from the process by the organisers last week and he and many of his supporters arrived in Belmullet asking questions about his removal.
    At various stages during the evening Mr Manning attempted to address the meeting, but was restricted from doing so by the Chairman on the night, Nick Reeves.
    “If I can have my say, then we can leave,” said Mr Manning. “No,” replied Mr Reeves...
    (Mayo News, June 23).

The view has been expressed by some on this forum that the future of Irish politics lies in Independents. The belief seems to be that political parties act as a corrosive force on politics.

I'm more inclined to the view that the business of politics is inherently corrosive, and I think the fact that we're seeing stories of a very similar tenor coming from this new independents' group as from selection meetings of more established parties bears this view out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

oscarBravo wrote: »
    From the it's-funny-'cos-it's-true department: (Mayo News, June 23).

The view has been expressed by some on this forum that the future of Irish politics lies in Independents. The belief seems to be that political parties act as a corrosive force on politics.

I'm more inclined to the view that the business of politics is inherently corrosive, and I think the fact that we're seeing stories of a very similar tenor coming from this new independents' group as from selection meetings of more established parties bears this view out.

is it possible because its indys we hear about, while parties can mostly keep it to themmselves, their more authoritarianist followers are more willing to keep it to themselves

Advertisement