Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to buy luxury holiday packages or flights for Jan 2016?

Options
  • 27-06-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a little advice as to when myself and my other half should buy a holiday package for Jan 2016

We are provisionally looking at Sri Lanka, Bali and the Maldives but really we just want a relaxing trip preferably near water.

We're happy to book early or late but would like to get something relatively plush.

any advice would be appreciated budget is c. €4k for both of us

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Those sorts of trips are rarely discounted but I would strongly advise using Trailfinders to book in order to get the best deal. Hotels in those areas are expensive and in my experience Trailfinders are really good at putting packages together. No connection other than as a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Sunway usually do those sort of holiday's not sure if they are packages but they deal with the type.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

January is a very long way off. I have never seen a price advantage of booking more than 6 months in advance, unless it is a cruise.

Another reason to consider waiting is because the EURO is very weak now. Of course it is impossible to tell if it will go up or down (Greece is a never-ending issue) but if the EURO improves to levels it was a year or two ago, the cost of your trip would go down in price.

As the flights are a huge part of the overall cost, setup price alerts on Skyscanner or Kayak so you can track the trends and book the flights separately if you are OK with that at the lowest cost - you can track each country to see where the deals are. Once you have the flights then you can worry about hotels and such. Or book your choice of hotel at a fully cancellable rate and then see what happens in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

4k will be a hard enough ask if its for more than one week. Flights to that part of the world will hardly come in under 1k each. We booked flights with trailfinders and booked hotels ourselves. Once you identity where you want to go its often best to go to hotels own websites and check out their offers. We are going to Malaysia next month. Part luxury, part backpacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

check our secret escapes website....

• Advertisement
Advertisement