Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory.de and other PC building questions

Options
  • 26-06-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Soon, I will be building a PC and was looking at few different websites like scan.co.uk, hardwareversand.de and mindfactory.de. Germans are definitely the cheaper ones and mindfactory is lot cheaper than Hardwareversand, and yes, I used geizhals.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has bought parts from them. What is their shipping like? Is it fast and how reliable are they?

Also, does all of it ( including monitor, cases and what not ) come once in a big package or separately?

Does my motherboard support 2 hdds?
    Is my Case big enough for the gpu?
    Would you recommend R9 380 over 280?

Here are my parts, if you would like to know and give suggestions:

CPU: AMD FX 8320E ( will overclock to 3.6 ghz )
    GPU: Sapphire R9 380 4GB Nitro Active
    RAM: 8gb kingston Valueram
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-USB3 AMD 760G-78LMT
    Case: Sharkoon VS3-V
    PSU: 550 Watt Fortron Raider Non-Modular 80+ Bronze
    HDD: 3.5mm Seagate 1tb 7200rpm
    2.5mm WD Blue 5400rpm
    Monitor: 21.5 " HannsG HS221HPB

My budget is 700 euros.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I suppose firstly I should say if you fill out the form people will be better able to help you.
    My initial thoughts would be no ssd, unsure about PSU brand/quality and why that CPU?
    Can't really say how good or not it all is as I'm not sure what your going to use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hunt3R

Well, for PSU, I have a choice between 550 Watt Corsair VS Series and that. I chose that becuse it has 80+ Bronze rating.
    For CPU, it just seems like a underclocked FX 832. I was going to get the FX 6300 but this seemed better ( is it?)
    I will get an SSD later on, I already have those 2 HDDs, that way, I can spend more on the GPU.
    I will be using it for Gaming, Rendering and running programs like Unity, 3Ds Max, Sony Vegas etc.

BUMP
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Don't know any here who have used mind factory, hit up Google is probably the best bet.

Poor enough gaming build IMO, I would pick even an i3 over pretty much any AMD build on your budget. I can spec an Intel build if you like, they're just superior for gaming, no two ways about it

Don't know any here who have used mind factory, hit up Google is probably the best bet.

Poor enough gaming build IMO, I would pick even an i3 over pretty much any AMD build on your budget. I can spec an Intel build if you like, they're just superior for gaming, no two ways about it

That would be great, thank you. I have been a laptop user until now so basically, I need everything ( monitor, keyboard etc ) for under 700 Euros. R9 380 seems pretty good to me and its nearly the same price as 280, so.. Yeah..

You can put together an Intel build. Thanks..

• Advertisement

What's that monitor cost?

What's that monitor cost?

110 euros,
    Full HD and HDMI

Grand, €590 PC then.

R9 380 €215
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb RAM €50
    Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD €50
    Antec One €40
    BeQuiet System Power 500w PSU €60
    ASRock Pror H97 board €80
    i3 4160 €115
    Total €620

You're better going to higher quality, more expensive parts than the stuff you'd chosen e.g ValueRAM, your PSU and the Sharkoon case.

My prices are from hwvs so they may be lower from mindfactory

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Grand, €590 PC then.

R9 380 €215
    Antec One €40
    i3 4160 €115
    Total €620

You're better going to higher quality, more expensive parts than the stuff you'd chosen e.g ValueRAM, your PSU and the Sharkoon case.

Is there really any benefit with better ram? Obviously, you can get faster ram but is the difference noticeable at all. Genuine question as I usually go with the cheap stuff.

Grand, €590 PC then.

R9 380 €215
    Antec One €40
    i3 4160 €115
    Total €620

Are these parts from hardwareversand or mindfactory!?

• Advertisement

Hunt3R wrote: »
    Are these parts from hardwareversand or mindfactory!?

Never mind.. Didn't see the bottom bit xD

No difference but the fact that it's called ValueRAM would put me off it. Generally something named for its value is not good value in the long run. There's only a fiver difference.

Prices are from hwvs, you'll find most if not all on mindfactory

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I used mind factory and they were really good! Fast at replying to my emails etc and the cheapest. Just make sure everything you want is in stock.

No difference but the fact that it's called ValueRAM would put me off it. Generally something named for its value is not good value in the long run. There's only a fiver difference.

Prices are from hwvs, you'll find most if not all on mindfactory

Thanks, chose to go with hardwareversand.
    When proceeding to checkout, i noticed it said "Important: At present we can't accept PayPal transfers with credit card." when i selected paypal option.

Does this mean that I have to have 700 eur on my paypal account and cannot pay by bay card via palypal ( I have like 5 euro on my paypal account, so my card would be charged 695 . Does hwv accept that or do i need to have 700 sitting on my paypal account )?

Not sure to be honest, you could try a bank transfer

Not sure to be honest, you could try a bank transfer

Wont that take long ( haven't done it before actually :D ), besides, If I order it on Monday, I want it by Friday..

Takes about a week anyways. Bank transfer does take a few days to go through though yeah

Takes about a week anyways. Bank transfer does take a few days to go through though yeah

meh.. I will try paypal first, if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to do a bank transfer..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Haven't tried to use them in a while but its say you can pay by credit card on their website.

Advertisement