Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty job losses

Options
  • 26-06-2015 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

I was quite concerned to hear about the liberty job losses, i know it is because they have been struggling in the UK motor insurance market, but is the insurance industry in Ireland in a bit of trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

jezzer wrote: »
    I was quite concerned to hear about the liberty job losses, i know it is because they have been struggling in the UK motor insurance market, but is the insurance industry in Ireland in a bit of trouble?

Id like to know how the company can just give/sell 210 employees away to another company?(enniskillen office) I cant understand how that works at all...........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Id like to know how the company can just give/sell 210 employees away to another company?(enniskillen office) I cant understand how that works at all...........

Were they transported on the back of a cart in chains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

October 2010 - Aviva pay 40 million euro for naming rights of Lansdowne Road

October 2011 - Aviva look to make 950 staff in Ireland redundant

Shower of *****

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr.Goodman

Its a disgrace Joe!! Its all the governments fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

kneemos wrote: »

They'll be shackled to desktops when they get there.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »

Might as well have

The employees contracts are transfered to this third party company and they might not even be dealing with Libertys product?

Does it not constitute some breach of contract if the employees didnt want this transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

spodoinkle wrote: »
    The employees contracts are transfered to this third party company and they might not even be dealing with Libertys product?

Does it not constitute some breach of contract if the employees didnt want this transfer?

Nope. Google TUPE or Transfer of Undertakings.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Claims are getting higher both here and in the UK. If you watch any daytime UK tv you will see the huge amount of personal injury adverts for solicitors on a no win no fee basis, all this increases the amount of claims as there's no financial outlay for the claimant if they don't win their case, it's like Ireland during the 90's.

Mena wrote: »
    Nope. Google TUPE or Transfer of Undertakings.

Pretty much screwed then

• Advertisement
Advertisement