Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter play opening in London 2016!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Definitely going to try to catch this. Wonder what exactly it'll be about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Appleberryo

cant wait for this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Some details today:

http://www.thejournal.ie/harry-potter-plays-london-2405869-Oct2015/

Not sure about the synopsis, but rather like Star Wars: I'll see anything to do with it if I can.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Saw that on thejournal.ie earlier. Seriously considering booking tickets for myself and my son and doing a day trip for something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Very tempted too! I'm long overdue a trip to London anyway to see the sights. Could be a good opportunity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I am incredibly excited about this!!! Plays and Harry Potter are two of my favouritest things, so this is like a dream come true :D \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hoping to get tickets at 11 in the presale for the OH, fingers crossed

Edit: Wasn't too bad, "queued" for just over an hour and got £25 tickets for both Parts for a long weekend in June, excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

The play is in 2 parts?!

Yup
    This new play presents the eighth story in the Harry Potter series. Because of the epic nature of the story it could not fit into the performance time of a traditional single play and consequently will be told in two Parts.

Part One will only be half the story, so the experience would be incomplete without seeing how the story ends. Likewise, if you only see Part Two you may find it hard to follow the story. We do recommend that you try to see both parts consecutively

Whether it's the "Epic Nature of the story" or a plain ol' cash grab remains to be seen :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Friend of mine queued for over 2 hours, got turfed out just as she was selecting a date and found there was 15000 people ahead again...so she gave up. Very frustrating.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alex.middleton

exciting stuff cant wait to book my ticket!

maximoose wrote: »
    Whether it's the "Epic Nature of the story" or a plain ol' cash grab remains to be seen :pac:

All I'll say is yes - it was pretty epic :)

Advertisement