Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on a 25yr old car?

Options
  • 26-06-2015 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am 19 and have own comprehensive cover on a kia ceed, and I have a third party extension to drive "any car" not registered in my name, if i buy a 25yr old car(not in my name), that is a classic I think, am I covered to drive it? If it's tested and taxed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Hi justalad7,which company are you with that supplies an open drive policy to under 25's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

If you own the car, you cannot drive it on the third party extention

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

hi5 wrote: »
    Hi justalad7,which company are you with that supplies an open drive policy to under 25's.

I'm 22 and with aviva and they gave it to me. I couldn't believe it, I asked twice to confirm it with them that it was true because I make full use of it. P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

some policies require the other car to have an active insurance policy but..... im sure someone will be along shortly to say that not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Some do, some don't.
    Some used to give the 3rd party extention to everyone, but then ceased this....although the customers who already had it continued to have it.
    Some require a curent NCT, others don't.
    Varies between companies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement