Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted:Musicians & Singers to form a Cabaret/Review act-South Dublin/Bray

Options
  • 26-06-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I am a singer and keyboard player. I want to develop a Cabaret/Review act which will create an intimate atmosphere for the audience - like a house party. There will be a bit of everything – mainly songs and music but also stories, poems and parodies (some to music and others enacted). There will be an underlying theme of humour and satire but also pathos and empathy.

I envisage the group comprising of a female vocalist (probably mezzo- soprano/contralto), Keyboard/vocals (that’s me – I am a baritone/bass), double bass/bass guitar, rhythm guitar and maybe a saxophone or violin. Ideally everyone should be able to sing and/or have a clear speaking voice so that they can perform more than one role. Once we’ve developed a decent musical sound the humour and satire should grow from the musical content.
    I’m thinking of the following musical genre:-
    Jazz/Blues Classics - for example Cole Porter (Every time we say Good-bye, Miss Otis Regrets) Gershwin (A Foggy Day in London Town) Hoagy Carmichael (The Nearness of You, Georgia on my mind), Errol Garner (Misty), Funny Valentine (Rodgers&Hart)
    Humourous Blues and Country – for example Willie Nelson (“Ain’t nobody’s business but my own” etc.) For ever & ever Amen (Randy Travis), Randy Newman (Rider on the range, Short people)
    Beatles – for example Here there & Everywhere, For No-one, She’ Leaving Home, I give her all my love, Fool on the Hill, If I fell ( ie not the early pop material)
    I think this music suits people of a certain age (50+?) but a broader age range would be great.

Advertisement