Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving front door w/o planning

Options
  • 25-06-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Will be building an extension soon. This will involve knocking the current lean-to flat roof kitchen at back of house.
    I want to utilise the less than 40 sq mtr rule on the extension to avoid planning.
    Met Architect yesterday who says i can build 40 sq mtrs plus the size of the kitchen to be demolished, so I can have a 70 sq mtr extension in total with no planning.
    My question is that the current kitchen to be demolished has a flat roof that wraps around the side of the house with a porch covered by the existing kitchen roof.
    Can I cover in this porch area and move the front door to the edge of the porch without planning?
    Arch is looking into it but is not sure - just want a few opinions please.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Bs
    Get another arch

• Subscribers Posts: 41,249 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

manus30 wrote: »
    Will be building an extension soon. This will involve knocking the current lean-to flat roof kitchen at back of house.
    I want to utilise the less than 40 sq mtr rule on the extension to avoid planning.
    Met Architect yesterday who says i can build 40 sq mtrs plus the size of the kitchen to be demolished, so I can have a 70 sq mtr extension in total with no planning.
    My question is that the current kitchen to be demolished has a flat roof that wraps around the side of the house with a porch covered by the existing kitchen roof.
    Can I cover in this porch area and move the front door to the edge of the porch without planning?
    Arch is looking into it but is not sure - just want a few opinions please.

you cant add the demotion area unless it was constructed prior to 01 oct 1964, and you rebuild completely over the same area

if you change the front elevation from what it currently is, technically you require planning permission IMHO

if in doubt apply for a section five declaration.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

As Syd says pre 64 is ok so no B'S arch knows what he is doing.
    Does anyone have an answer to original question thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

manus30 wrote: »
    As Syd says pre 64 is ok so no B'S arch knows what he is doing.
    Does anyone have an answer to original question thanks

Syd pretty much answered above....
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    if you change the front elevation from what it currently is, technically you require planning permission IMHO

Advertisement