Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a print

Options
  • 25-06-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a print of Andreas Gursky's - Chicago Board of Trade II

I'm not having much luck though. Is it possible that only original prints exist? And more general low cost ones don't?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'll move this to the Photography forum for you. Hopefully you'll get a few good suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Mod note. Remember to check the copyright on the images you are sourcing on the internet. Please do not encourage the OP to engage in piracy of possibly copyrighted material.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Silva360

As far as I know he only makes very limited editions of his prints, hence the huge collector value (Rhine II officially being the most expensive photo ever sold at about 4.5 million US dollars).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Silva360 wrote: »
    As far as I know he only makes very limited editions of his prints, hence the huge collector value (Rhine II officially being the most expensive photo ever sold at about 4.5 million US dollars).

Yeah I was worried that might be the case. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Perhaps find a book of his that has this in it, buy the book and take the page out and frame it. Granted that his works are generally printed on a large scale this might not work for you.

Advertisement