Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whale Watching in Hermanus or Simons Town in South Africa

Options
  • 25-06-2015 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi we're are going to be South Africa in September on our honeymoon. As part of the trip we are planning on being in in Cape Town for 2 and a half days. Given the short amount of time and loads to do in Cape Town we are wondering where is best for whale watching Hermanus Bay or Simon's Town. Any advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Luc01 wrote: »
    Hi we're are going to be South Africa in September on our honeymoon. As part of the trip we are planning on being in in Cape Town for 2 and a half days. Given the short amount of time and loads to do in Cape Town we are wondering where is best for whale watching Hermanus Bay or Simon's Town. Any advice is much appreciated!

As far as I know all the whale watching goes from Hermanus. You might be organised with a company in Simons town but the boats leave from Hermanus.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Hermanus you can arrange it in the tourist office in the waterfront in capetown

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mormophile

Whale watching is in Hermanus, and the penguins are in Simon's Town.

Hermanus is a good hour and a half's drive from Cape Town from what I recall, but most of the whale watching guide companies leave very very early in the morning, so you should be there and back by lunch time or mid afternoon. It will take a big chunk out of your time however, given that there is so much to see and do in CT.

Are you also doing the Garden Route, or going anywhere else in SA that may have opportunities for whale watching?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

Luc01 wrote: »

Whale watching is more in October than September if I remember correctly,I'm from Cape Town so any questions just pm me

Advertisement