Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing off dole

Options
  • 25-06-2015 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Next year I will be signed on to jobseekers benefit for exactly year with unfortunately little results except for the one incident a few months ago when I had when I started a job bridge internship that my case worker had got for me. I was than less than 3 weeks into it but I just didn't find it right for me or the experience that I wanted, I asked if could I be taken off it which caused a circumstantial amount of hassle as it was not a valid reason for leaving which I did understand but just simply did not want to continue with something that I did not enjoy or make me happy and so therefore my money was cut down.Last week I was interviewed about a placement of a course that is exactly what I would like to be doing,this course has got nothing to do with social welfare but rather one I applied to the local college near me which I would be paying for out of my own money. I am fully aware that this course is not guaranteed a job but I feel like I have achieved more on my own when it comes to actually finding placement. Finally getting to the point my question is this, would I be allowed to sign off jobseekers benefit. My reasoning behind it is that I would like to focus more on my own when it comes to this even if I don't get into this course I have applied for more courses (these to have nothing to do with jobseekers or social welfare).Also would the fact that I left an internship without a valuable reason effect my chances of getting into this course, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You can sign off any time you wish,but make sure it is what you want before doing so.

Advertisement