Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to repeat the semester?

Options
  • 25-06-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

In the first semester I got a qca of 2.48. However, I failed all my exams this semester. I know there is a maximum repeat exams you can sit, but I was told something about a link-in modules.I'm just not sure how these things work. I really want to avoid resitting the semester as my failing was due to personal problems at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

emmztr wrote: »
    In the first semester I got a qca of 2.48. However, I failed all my exams this semester. I know there is a maximum repeat exams you can sit, but I was told something about a link-in modules.I'm just not sure how these things work. I really want to avoid resitting the semester as my failing was due to personal problems at the time.

Speak to a counsellor and try to get I grades. An I grade will allow you to resit an exam without the penalty of being capped at a C3.You need to speak to a counsellor and then appeal the decision to repeat next Wednesday at the meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emmztr

Thank you. Is there not a maximum of 4 exams that can be repeated? Or can an exception be made there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

emmztr wrote: »
    Thank you. Is there not a maximum of 4 exams that can be repeated? Or can an exception be made there?

Speak to a councellor. I don't know for sure. If the circumstances are appropriate, you may be OK. Changing your summer grades to I grades allows you to resit as many as possible, without them being capped.

Advertisement