Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to college, signing off dole

Options
  • 25-06-2015 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Yesterday I was interviewed about a course i'm really interested in and suited to the line of work I would like to get into the future. Currently I am on jobseekers benefit for little over a year and had an issue last year when I decided to leave an internship provided by jobbridge a little over a week as I geuniely felt it would not give me the experience in the field I was working for. As you can imagine my case worker was less than thrilled and my money was suspended for 9 weeks. However upon my monthly progress meeting with my case worker I had told him about this interview I had recieved for the course starting in late August but he told me that it more or less a waste of time because of my previous record with the jobbridge internship that the college would not accept me. This is a third level education course leading into a degree that I applied to myself without any help or support from the social welfare and I was just wondering if infact because I did without good reason give up the internship placement will it affect every third level level course I want to apply for ? Also that is there a chance that although I am currently unemployed that it would be possible to sign off jobseekers as I have saved a decent amount of money to support myself and would quite personally would prefer to be out there myself looking for courses that actually appeal to me, I have a few voluntary programmes over the summer with good working hours I hope this to would not be affected in any way either

Comments

Advertisement