Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepar3d V2.5 P3D2.5

Options
  • 24-06-2015 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering on the uptake of P3D2.5 or similar? Has the simming community moved across to this yet?
    Found 2 multiplayer servers here which are new and on 24/7 if anyone's interested in setting up a wee session?

http://fsopen.co.uk/info/sessions/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Cheers for the heads up Rev,
    Still with FS9, but seriously thinking of getting P3D in the next couple of months, as there are a couple of new aircraft that I would love to get my hands on already released or in development. Things are also a bit tight ATM so its being put on the long finger. I have been in touch with a couple of other people that have made the move, and all seem to be really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Loaded P3D a couple of months ago, we used it as a training aid for a type rating course, the level of realism was excellent, in fact it was more reliable than the $10 million flight training device that we got to use during the course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Yeah I moved from FSX to P3D a while back. All going well and the PMDG NGX is beautiful with the new graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

John_Mc wrote: »
    Yeah I moved from FSX to P3D a while back. All going well and the PMDG NGX is beautiful with the new graphics

What GPU, CPU and memory are you using, and what would you recommend for running P3D at good settings?

Thanks.

This is what they suggest.

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
    Computer Processor
    2.0 GHz Quad Core 3.0 GHz (Per Core) +
    Computer Memory
    2 GB 4 GB +
    Hard Drive Space
    30 GB (3 GB for the SDK)
    Graphics Card Video Memory
    1 GB 2 GB + (GDDR5 or better)
    Graphics Card Other
    Full DirectX 11 Support (currently, DirectX 10 is not supported)
    Other
    Administrator Rights (for installation)
    MSXML 6
    DirectX 11
    1024×720 minimum screen resolution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Donne wrote: »
    What GPU, CPU and memory are you using, and what would you recommend for running P3D at good settings?

Thanks.

I can't remember the exact specs but it was absolute top of the range when I bought it as a custom build off hardwareversand a few years ago.

It has 16GB Ram, i7 processor (ends with k and is overclockable but I haven't felt the need to yet) and an NVidia GTX 480 graphics card.

It runs Prepar3D with the PMDG NGX, addon scenery and FTX Global, Vector and Landclass as well as addon weather, vatsim etc. pretty well. The sim looks beautiful in Prepar3d.

The biggest problem is keeping it running under the 4GB VAS limitation which is an issue everyone faces these days. Cannot wait for 64 bit Prepar3D!

As I'm a MAC person, I'm running the following only as a SIM PC

HP ENVY 700
    Intel® Core™ i7-4790 (3.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
    Memory (RAM) 16GB
    Hard Disk (Capacity) 2TB
    Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 (4 GB DDR3 dedicated)
    70 Inch SHARP TV

The picture quality is amazing.

Advertisement