Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange but seemingly true.......

Options
  • 24-06-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Was talking with a number of teachers the other day when one of them relayed to us that she had applied for a job with a CEIST school,and while being well qualified for the post,she at least thought that she would get an interview.She did receive a reply telling her that shortlisting had taken place and unfortunately on this occasion she did not make the final cut.She requested feed back as to why her 'failings' in making the short list and was somewhat shocked to be told that she had 'used the wrong sized font' in her application!!! She swears that she followed the guidelines and used 'arial 12' as was requested by CEIST but may have reduced this font in ONE LINE when fitting in the name of a school in one box.It is rather sad that the teaching profession is now a paper filling,box ticking profession as is in the UK.Of course one could look at it the other way and say that CEIST were within their rights and that this teacher was omitted because she had strayed from the rules......and there was me thinking that GOD always gave those who erred a second chance,obviously God was not the Chairperson of this particular CEIST committee!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

I thought you were going to say they were only interviewing candidates with Masters degrees !
    Pretty perverse if as described .Maybe they deliberately made the box too small to fit in school name as a 'test' to see if she lacked the blind , unquestioning obedience skills so beloved of school managements .
    Also shocks that they would openly admit to that .Really shows the contempt they hold NQTs (if not ' the laity in general )in .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A lucky escape I think. Can you imagine what it would be like to work in?

Advertisement