Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEATHCRUSHER 2015 - CARCASS, OBITUARY, NAPALM DEATH, VOIVOD

Options
  • 24-06-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, what a line up

carcass.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

15 year old me just jizzed a little

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Has anybody been to any recent Metal gigs in The Olympia? It is the least accommodating venue for Metal gigs, in terms of sound quality, from my experience. Especially for a DM gig such as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Passenger wrote: »
    Has anybody been to any recent Metal gigs in The Olympia?

Im going to Mastodon tomorrow and funnily enough the only thing I'm not looking forward to is the venue ... hate the cramped bar and sloping floor (sound can be very hit or miss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I thought the Olympia was great. I saw Machine Head there a few years back. Saw Machine Head here in Christchurch last weekend and I asked Robb Flynn what he thought of Dublin. Loves it and Fibber Magees..

Incidentally that MH gig was the reference point for terrible gig experiences in The Olympia. The sound was awful for a Metal gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Passenger wrote: »
    Has anybody been to any recent Metal gigs in The Olympia? It is the least accommodating venue for Metal gigs, in terms of sound quality, from my experience. Especially for a DM gig such as this one.

i think the Olympia was chosen purely for stage size, when you have that amount of bands with a short turnaround time there's no real way it could be feasible on the small stage at The Academy.

If i'm unable to get standing tickets though i won't go, no fcukin way on earth am i sitting for a gig like this

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Took this from the DME Facebook page

Due to a slight delay in setting the show up, the on sale date for the Deathcrusher show (Carcass + Obituary + Napalm Death + Voivod) on October 26th has had to be put back so the show will not go on sale tomorrow morning (26th June) as planned. Apologies for this and a revised on sale date will be confirmed shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

Yeah went to mastodon there the other week. I think the sound quality is great in the olympia, but I don't think it is a good venue for metal gigs for a few reasons, the sloped floor, too much seats, separation barrier in the standing area and most of all the anti-crowd surfing security. It has its benefits though great view of the stage no matter where you are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yeah, security are well known for being over zealous on crowd surfing, went to see Limp Bizkit there a few years back, took my daughter, told her not to crowd surf or she'd get thrown out, this is how it ended up, guess which one she is :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement