Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone from the Bandon area recognise this yard?

Options
  • 24-06-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm interested in looking at this W202, and was wondering if anyone here might know of the seller. His ad has him as a private seller, but he has a number of other cars for sale. The ad is also on adverts.ie and its mentioned that he's had this car for 7 years.
    Tis a long drive down from Wicklow, but one I'm willing to make if it checks out.

(Mods: I've also posted this in the motors section but thought it might also be worth posting here in case any of our Cork correspondents can help)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/c180-merc-new-nct/9436628?offset=20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

That yard is Bandon Quickfit. Dont know anything about the seller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭goochy

this isnt a classic - this belongs to the worst period in mercs history ! this car was the start of it ! buy a 190 mate !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

@ goochy: I have a 190, see thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057432690

I wouldn't put a W202 in the same bracket, or call it a classic, but I was hoping to find out if anyone knew about the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭goochy

oh right , i do quite c class in elegance spec. mind you ! i know the c class will be better to drive but still cant match 190 .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

That looks like a very clean one and better than anything that has popped up in the last while. Id make the trip if I were you. Looks like a genuine Irish one too so likely to be rust free

• Advertisement

I did take the trip down, and it is very clean in nearly all respects.
    It has been in one family for the last 7 years & 50k miles.
    Seller is genuine fellow. Car is very clean inside & out, save for 1 rust spot that I was concerned enough about not to go ahead with the purchase, unfortunately.
    There's a scab on the roof right beside the sunroof, about the size of a 2 euro coin. For me it was a deal breaker, as getting that correctly fixed would most likely cost a fair whack given its position next to the sunroof cassette and probably entail a full panel respray.
    Only other (minor issues) were both rear windows were goosed, and one or two other minor rust blemishes.
    The car drove very tight, smooth gear changes, very clean engine bay.
    You might say I'm mad to pass it up, but I'm a picky fecker..but if someone wants to go for it, it'd be a fine car.

Well they did make more than one ........

any thoughts on this one Gents:

strong price, but low miles, seems to be backed up with documentation.
    Short test also. and its from across the water

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-c180-fsh-low-mileage/9545559?offset=11

Yes strong money but finding a good one will get harder. Don't forget to get a really good one in from Engerland will cost about that as well what with the Sterling gone arseways and the VRT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If it actually was a classic you would only have to pay €200 vrt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement