Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network won't repair phone - will I go straight to Apple store?

Options
  • 24-06-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Since the second last update, my iPhone 5c needs to be charged about 4 times a day, it gets so hot that you can't hold it and my front camera and torch doesn't work. It's still under warranty with my network but they're refusing to fix it because there's 'physical damage'. This 'physical damage' is a couple of barely noticeable hairline scratches on the sides of the screen..I mean barely noticeable to the point where you'd have to move the phone into the light to see them! Someone said that I would be better off bringing it into an Apple store as it's an issue with the software?
    Would this be worth my while? I'm kind of anxious because my warranty is up in about 2-3 weeks .

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The closest Apple Store is Belfast. I'd suggest you call Apple. But if it's a software issue a restore will fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

PQTKU wrote: »
    Since the second last update, my iPhone 5c needs to be charged about 4 times a day, it gets so hot that you can't hold it and my front camera and torch doesn't work. It's still under warranty with my network but they're refusing to fix it because there's 'physical damage'. This 'physical damage' is a couple of barely noticeable hairline scratches on the sides of the screen..I mean barely noticeable to the point where you'd have to move the phone into the light to see them! Someone said that I would be better off bringing it into an Apple store as it's an issue with the software?
    Would this be worth my while? I'm kind of anxious because my warranty is up in about 2-3 weeks .

Call them immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Give apple a ring they give great service in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

As others said contact apple. Yo should've never gone to the network in the first place (yes legally you should but it's just a bad idea) apple is much better quicker and less likely to make you pay if there's a problem. Networks use 3rd party service centres which actively look for any damage/marks on your phone so they don't have to fix it under warranty and can make you pay for the repair even if the damage was unrelated to the problem.
    So contact apple, they'll collect your phone and you should a have it back in a week. However if there is actual damage on your phone, like the screen is cracked (not a scratch or normal use marks) Apple will charge you as well.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Lads, what is the irish number to contact for support? Not in any of the stickies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Lads, what is the irish number to contact for support? Not in any of the stickies.

1850 88 20 48

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

You can also contact them through here

https://getsupport.apple.com/ServiceOptionAction.action

They will call you back, or you can use live chat.

Advertisement