Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling Indian rupees

Options
  • 24-06-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have about 6000 worth of rupees I'd like to exchange back into euros. Anyone know where I can? Only tried Bank of Ireland so far (no).

Failing that, anyone going to India soon? I give good rates :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Closed currency...banks will not take it off you

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Theres a thread from a few years ago someone saying that could exchange at Ulster Bank, i'll give them a call later.

That is new to me.. I would never have that much left at end of holiday (good planning ;))

Have randon 10-20 euros of loads of currencies in random places all over my apt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I presume this is an issue that would crop up in the UK a lot. If stuck, try some English banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'll take them off you for €40 :cool:

• Advertisement

worth 85 ish, so in my opinion a price of in the region of 70-75 would be fair depending on collection etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I might take them off you for €65 depending on where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Just a little update Ulster Bank don't deal with rupees since last year. They said the Central Bank would change them for me. Had no idea the Central Bank exchange foreign currency but there ya go. I ended up changing them in a place on O'Connell Street got €68 for 5200 rupees happy enough.

Advertisement