Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED strip lights - quality/recommendations

Options
  • 24-06-2015 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for good quality LED strip/tape/ribbon lights for installation in a hard to reach area.
    I'll need approx 8m (2 x 4).

They're for accent lighting so don't need to be very bright. Warm white is preferred.

Are there any brands considered premium vs others. Any I should avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 coolbiking

This may fall a bit short of what you are looking for or may do the job

Dioder LED Lighting Strip in Ikea (Product no 00119419) only €22 (cant post link as i'm a new user)

Silicon coated, IPxx stuff...more durable

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Silicon coated, IPxx stuff...more durable

The lights are for internal use only (should have mentioned that).
    By durable do you specifically mean being able to endure different conditions (weather), or long lasting whether used inside or out.

Or put another way, would an IP68 rated product outlive a lower rated product if both were used inside?

Or put another way, would an IP68 rated product outlive a lower rated product if both were used inside?

Exactly. The silicon makes them stronger...and (slightly) dimmer.

The IP68 ones don't tend to break the tracks on the flexible circuit board nor lift the smd components as easily.

Advertisement