Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area of tattoo getting itchy

Options
  • 23-06-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a forearm tattoo about a year now. When it was settling it was fine but it's only now the area is getting awfully itchy.

I'm not sure if it's from sun exposure or something but it's getting pretty annoying and I don't want to keep scratching it and making it go red.

Would this be any way common and if so, what'd be a decent remedy?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

callaway92 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have a forearm tattoo about a year now. When it was settling it was fine but it's only now the area is getting awfully itchy.

I'm not sure if it's from sun exposure or something but it's getting pretty annoying and I don't want to keep scratching it and making it go red.

Would this be any way common and if so, what'd be a decent remedy?

Thanks

you could be coming down with something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Haha thought as much

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I have that with the white bits in my tattoos, also on the arm.
    sometimes the withe bits even "raise" a lil but it's not that bad or visible.

my conclusion is (after talks with a few people and tattoo artists) that it probably comes down to the white ink (brand/type).

what colours do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nah mine's all black (words)

Probably just a coincidence I have an itch I need to scrstch in that area!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

yeah might as well.

if it has been done too deep, the skin as well develops visible scars (that are just full of ink), and scars can be itchy too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Weird, could you have heat rash? I know a lot of people get itchy from sun exposure, maybe the scar tissue has become sensitised. Might be worth popping into your studio to ask just in case? Try using E45 or something with a bit of calendula oil in it to ease the itchiness in the mean time.

Advertisement