Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to "sub" with a Level 8 degree

Options
  • 23-06-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have finished a Level 8 degree in history and Irish. Is it possible for me to "sub" in secondary schools (and more importantly get paid for it) while I undertake a part time Masters. I am very confused about Teaching Council registration, so would appreciate if someone can advise me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

No not now and you need to be a registered teacher with the teaching council to sub.
    There are hundreds of qualified teachers who simply can't get work, schools won't and can't to the best of my knowledge employ unqualified people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

balliali wrote: »
    I have finished a Level 8 degree in history and Irish. Is it possible for me to "sub" in secondary schools (and more importantly get paid for it) while I undertake a part time Masters. I am very confused about Teaching Council registration, so would appreciate if someone can advise me please.

The short answer is No because you are not a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

You can't sub unqualified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭janes1234

No you cannot. There are hundreds of teachers who cannot sub/find work. You would need to qualify as a teacher which is a two year masters programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's little to be confused about TC reg- you qualify as a teacher and hence can register and get work. Same as doctor, solicitor......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

used to be able to though!

Advertisement