Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rats in Templeogue

• 23-06-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've seen 3 rats in Templegue in the last 2 weeks, 2 in Orwell Park and 1 in Glendown. All in peoples back gardens. Is anyone else seeing a rise in this? I have reported this to the council but have heard nothing back yet.

I set some traps last night, but not poison as I have 2 hedghogs in the garden and also a pet cat (a very fat old cat who has provided no assistance in this matter).

Thanks,

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

SDCC Customer Care Agent (Jun 23 2015)
    No contact details provided. Not authorised to lay poison on private property without owner's consent.

That's the response I got from South Dublin County Council. Multiple rat sightings within 600 metres.
    1. I'm not posting my personal contact details on a forum (which apparently is the only way SDCOCO will deal with you now). As per their website:
      Please use FixYourStreet.ie
    2. I don't want them to lay poison in my garden, I want them to find out what the cause of all these rat sightings are and deal with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Is there construction work going on nearby? That often unsettles the rat population and more appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

No nothing, it's a pretty settled area. The sightings would be sandwiched in between the poddle river and Tymon park so alot of water.

When ever we've seen rats before; the council lays poison in the drains and at the river - I'm not sure why the reluctance this time is! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

nidgeface-630x425.jpg

Did somebody say rah's?

Advertisement