Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert English textbooks

• 23-06-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering what was the prescribed excersise book for honours English around 2006/7.
    Where could I get it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

There is no English exercise book. There would have been poetry books published by all the publishers and a variety of Paper I books which covered composing and comprehending. The comparative and the single text would have been up to each individual teacher.

You'll have to be more specific to get help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I see.
    Did they not have excersise books with comprehension and assignments like essays and creative writting topics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Jamfa

somefeen wrote: »
    I see.
    Did they not have excersise books with comprehension and assignments like essays and creative writting topics?

There are no prescribed exercise books for English but there is a prescribed list of novels, plays, films & poetry every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I see.

I've seen a workbook used by the learning support teacher and I'd swear it is geared towards the Irish system [Essays, reading comprehensions, responding to images etc], I won't be back there till September though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I see.

All of the Irish publishers have textbooks with comprehensions, compositions and assignments, but it's up to individual teachers and schools to choose one. Your best bet is to look up Gill and MacMillan, Folens etc and see if they have the particular one you're looking for. Mind you, I'd imagine all of them would have changed the book in the last 8 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement