Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ / Irl tattoo ideas

Options
  • 23-06-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey folks, long been planning on getting a tattoo and I know the idea should just come to you and all but I'm looking for a bit of help from any of you bored creative types......bored I am, creative I am most certainly not!!

Looking for an idea (for a phrase or otherwise) to link New Zealand and Ireland. I've traveled between the two for the last 7/8 years now, never sure whether to stay home or settle in NZ...still cant decide (indecision seems to be me all over!!). Anyway, I love both countries dearly so no matter which one I settle in, the other will be important too. I'd like to incorporate some sort of Maori concept/design to it if possible too, perhaps a fish hook/ hei matau.
    Size/location wise I was thinking my foot...but am open to ideas really.
    Id appreciate help suggestions if anyone has any, cause Ive been talking about this for years and am sick of talking about it - time for action ;)

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd go talk to an artist with experience of Maori designs/tattoos to be honest, don't want to end up with someone's 'idea' of Maori designs, but something authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Kiwi bird with a sliotar for a body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fenwick

Lol nice one tread_softly

CHeers Starlord, sorry I prob didnt really get what I meant across properly....I dont mean like actual tribal/whakapapa stuff, I'll leave that to the pros, I just mean a fish hook (or perhaps a pohutukawa tree which i thought of today) somehow 'Irish-ed'. Clear as mud eh? Ha, thanks for the responses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fenwick

Hmmm, nice one Jacksie...I'll add it to the 'possibilities' side of the list!
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Podge and Rodge doing the Hakka? ;):D (And I'm only half joking! :D)

Advertisement